Back in April I wrote a blog post discussing my concept of having a dynamic site using the Zend Framework. In addition, I posted an some example code of how everything works. I am a firm believer that one should practice what they preach and two different sites are now in production using the framework that I wrote and so far it works beautifully. I had to make a few changes to the route to allow for module exceptions.Towards the end of the project there was a request to have a search functionality and also custom forms. Normally this wouldn't be an issue what so ever, but the way that the custom route is setup all requests are send to the default module/index controller/index action. I modified the route to ignore any request that started with search or forms and route those requests to the search or forms module. The regex is easily modified to allow for other exceptions. Custom Regex:
I also setup the ability to add in meta keywords and meta description tags in the content.xml file. Finally, both sites use the EXACT same doc root and dynamic site framework. Since both sites use the same layouts, just different menus and different background images, I didn't want to duplicate a lot of code. So in the setup page display plugin I am able to transverse the content mapping file based upon not only the request, but the url host name to display the proper layout.